AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally have a Raspberry Pi up and running
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/11/2016 00:03 (#5103131)
Subject: Finally have a Raspberry Pi up and running

I really have little to no idea why I bought it. I was kindof hoping I could use it as a always on computer to be gathering data from my Davis weather station. Currently it's just hooked up to TV in the living room while I learn about it. Was thinking about it being a cheap web browser to show funny YouTube videos to people without pulling the laptop out and hooking it to the TV but it's looking like YouTube is a fair challenge for the Raspberry Pi.I know what I should do is learn to code with it. That's like 80% of the purpose, right? Learn to code, use the outputs to control something with code you wrote yourself? Where is the best place to start there.I know how to hand code HTML and CSS to some degree but I know that's a fair amount easier than any other language and probably really isn't coding at all in any sense of the word, but is instead just a markup language. I'm somewhat familiar with Linux. That's about the extent of my computer knowledge beyond what most people know. So has anyone bought a Pi because they were interested but knew very little like me and actually got anywhere with it? Where did you start? What all have you done?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)