AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wanted fertilizer / lime spreader ! What brand? Want pull type
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

grizz1972
Posted 1/18/2016 15:10 (#5045246 - in reply to #5043993)
Subject: RE: Wanted fertilizer / lime spreader ! What brand? Want pull type

wisconsin
I have a little experience with my job off the farm with both BBI and Chandler spreaders the problem with running tractor hyd is that we have seen some motor seal problems. BBI has another hyd block they use that is supposed to help with this problem but ive seen seals fail with it. and i was told it happens with the chandlers too. I believe that if you were very careful on how you engage the spreader and shut it down the tractor hyd would work. running the PTO hyd I haven't seen that problem that's why I went with the PTO. (less to worry about)

there is enough hyd capacity that you prob wouldn't have to run the tractor full throttle depending on what you were spreading. i was running 3/4 throttle most of the time spreading fert.

The chandler was lower than the BBI quote i had, they were Speced similar the BBI did have a side ladder. where the chandler didn't But the Chandler had wider tires a heavier chassis a little more capacity, a stainless steel oil tank, chain oiler, and with the chandler you can remove the inverted V over the belt and leave the cross supports in. With the BBI you have to remove the whole thing because its a solid welded assy. If you run all fert may not be a big deal but i spread some gypsum with it and i was told that i may have to remove that. ( i didn't have to) the gypsum spread good, the chandler also has a 2 inch wider belt over chain.
And your right i bought it from FDS out of Milton.
It dose have an SRT stainless spool tarp on. the bows are bolted in but they are strong i didn't remove them for they gypsum and it worked just fine.

This was the first fall with it and between the gypsum and some potash it covered about 700 Ac

Edited by grizz1972 1/18/2016 15:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)