AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 1/2/2016 11:47 (#5005274 - in reply to #5005199)
Subject: RE: Quit planting Channel

McLeod County, MN
BenP - 1/2/2016 10:20

Buck S - 1/2/2016 09:19

You dont have down corn because of CRW. You have down corn because you plant Channel and you are planting it too heavy. Then when we get a mid July wind like we did this year the stuff lodged. You arent gonna trait and insecticide your way out of agronomic and genetically weak hybrids.

Seriously, dude. We all get it. You hate Channel.

What're you gonna do when you have another brand lodge or greensnap? Piss and moan about them non stop also while not contributing to the question at hand?

I did contribute to the question at hand. What does any plant, especially mono-culture corn, do when it encounters heavy competition (planting higher pops)??? Answer: It has smaller root mass. It grows taller trying to capture more sun. And if my stalks are trying to grow upward all the time they are not gaining, but instead losing strength, and becoming a spindly wind sail for the next wind that comes through. And this giant spindly plant has to be held by this miniature root system. So when the wind finally hits and the corn goes down everyone always wants to blame the bugs.

They (CRW) just aren't near the problem in MN like they are in other parts of the country. The Channel stuff has super high yield potential, but at the same time is very light on agonomics. I grew the stuff for four years, I would know. I also happen to know they LOVE to blame CRW when there is none. I am not worried about other brands. They dont go back on their word and know how to treat 100% loyal customers. Bet you would be singing a different tune if it was your wallet they decided to rob.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)