AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Needhamized JD 1590. Planting wheat. (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 10/30/2008 08:52 (#494008 - in reply to #494003)
Subject: RE: Rich, reason for driving tire on mark is...........

Kansas
Yea, but physical connection or not, you cannot hit that mark on the exact spot of the tire each and every time. Mark is what?............a two inch gash in the soil and your tire is at bare minimum 10 inches wide? The mark on the axle is no different than using the center of the tractor. You can still get off wiggling around in the seat and your vision is limited looking out when you have to look down to the side.

If you line up the mark past the very front of the tractor and shoot out a long ways not only does that help with stable even rows but eliminates that eye dominance favor one side stuff everyone talks about. I have planted with the magnum on a 6 row planter before for a coop test plot and got compliments that my rows were as straight as vons. Lil practice and you can overcome the side favoring.

Ah, I just wanted to pick on you a bit. To each their own but I have done it that way for years and hated it each and every time. So monotonous all day long watching that wheel go round and round and round and when you look up finally you feel like you've just came out of a trance. LOL

BTW.......what do you need markers for anyhooo's on that drill? It's wheat. You can afford to overlap a lil bit. Again, giving you some hell. Your good for it. *GRIN*
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)