AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coach has "make up work" policy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/25/2015 23:02 (#4919184 - in reply to #4918883)
Subject: RE: Coach has "make up work" policy

Southeast Wyoming

milofarmer1 - 11/25/2015 19:36
clicker - 11/25/2015 18:46 you sound like the kind of parent that wants to fire up the masses and take the mob to "solve" the problem, can't she or her parents take care of the problem without you getting involved? Sounds like a good coach that has high expectations for their players. I learned a lot from all the steps I ran in high school for menial reasons.
How did you get all that from what I posted? I have no dog in this fight at all. I would never dream of getting involved. But I know you have a reputation on this forum for making brash characterizations such as this. It just seems unfair to me to basically punish a student for being sick. Doing extra work for missing practice because they would rather go to a function, or are just skipping out, yeah I get. You know what I learned from policies like this when I was in athletics? I learned I have no interest in encouraging my kids to participate, because I have found that being intimately involved in sports seems to be shorting people on oxygen to their brains.

It is good of someone to click right in and help make the point of how such abuse warps the youngin's thought processes.   "Winning at any cost" is not something which builds good character, though that may be a part of the "high expectations" some parents put on a coach.

Edited by Gary Lyon 11/25/2015 23:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)