AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coach has "make up work" policy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/26/2015 15:02 (#4920487 - in reply to #4920348)
Subject: RE: Coach has "make up work" policy

Southeast Wyoming

Slugbait - 11/25/2015 22:41 Actually it is a pretty good primer on how the world works these days. Stay home 5 days sick from work, you get to do those 5 days worth of work on top of your regular day until you catch up. Making the individual responsible for themselves just proves our capitalist system works, right? Heck, let these liberals have their way, she'd have sat while the rest of the team ran laps. Can't pile on the weak when we can all share the load. :D
davpal - 11/26/2015 10:26 Slugbait that would be a good point if capatilism had anything to do with high school sports which it doesn't. I watched a lot of our best players in high school up and walk right off the field because the coach would come up with some dumb@ss rule like this one. And they turned out to be very successful people in their adult lives so I don't put much stock in high school sports.
Slugbait - 11/26/2015 12:05 At my high school, and at any I have ever been involved in, capitalism had everything to do with sports. The kids whose parents were on the right side of the tracks and made "donations" to athletics surprisingly played and often started irregardless of talent. Unless you were exceptionally talented, a lack of money and connections meant splinter butt.

So how has that coach make the individuals responsible for themselves?  Or taught leadership or teamwork - other than teaching through bad example?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)