AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does people like their Cat track tractors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bootsbowen
Posted 8/15/2015 08:27 (#4734130 - in reply to #4734025)
Subject: RE: How does people like their Cat track tractors?

Gibson City Il
had 1 45 and 2 55's... I think they are a fine for their day. I would agree keeping the valves set is key and at this stage in their lives the electrical gremlins will be more and more prevalent. We pulled the guts out of all of them and they all held up well and liked them a lot. We used to say that a 55 would have more power than a JD 8400T..... then we got an 8400T and we where wrong, no doubt the 8400T will out pull the cat. I think the cat will out steer the Deere but that's about all it will do better as far as power/performance/comfort.. I'm not bashing the Cats of that vintage I think they are fine tractors and can still do a hell of a lot of work and can be purchased at a very reasonable price.... as far as service we found a couple " work arounds" to the cat dealer for the pre MT cats.

1) on a 35/45/55 from the fly wheel back call the local New Holland shop ( this is what we did on any hyd related issues)

2) on the motor for ANY pre MT call a local independent truck shop that works on Cats.. they can get the parts and fix them right up, we did that several times to set valves and replace injectors and source filters and what not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)