AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on these Beans - Please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ihredrunner
Posted 6/23/2015 22:26 (#4642923 - in reply to #4642277)
Subject: RE: Opinions on these Beans - Please

Some of my beans have been the same as yours for a few years. soil test the PH has been 6- 6.7 but my calcium has been low. To try something different I sprayed 3.5 gallons of Agri-Cal from Agri-gro on this spring to bring the calcium up on both my corn and soybeans. It costs $4.25 a gallon in totes. so about the same price as a ton of lime The corn and beans look really nice so far after doing this. I also used a product called Ignite from agri gro infurrow at 1 quart an acre. And I didn't innoculant the soybeans and used this instead they have a ton of nodules on the root already after 3 weeks. If you read the Ignite info it says they will have about double the nodules. Ignite costs me 10 dollars and acre. and I do it infurrow with 5 gallons of water. So I look at it as I get 32 ounces of product infurrow compared to having them sprayed on the bean with 2 ounces of product. The only thing I might do different next year is add a little fanfare insecticide to the infurrow since the beens are not innoculated with a insectide. Agri-Cal they claim is supposed to loosen the topsoil which may help on problem farms where we can't seem to get to grow good beans. I put 6 gallons an acre on a few of those fields that only usually yield 40 bushel beans. So time will tell I can keep you updated if you'd like What is your calcium Percentage from the soil test? My corn that I have ignite with is taller then where I don't side by side. If nothing else don't be afraid to try 3-4 gallons of Agri cal on like 10 acres of that farm for 3 years and see if you see a difference. Around here the big farmers can't seem to grow good yielding soybeans, but can grow excellent corn. So I'm trying these products since liming the crap out of farms doesn't seem to be the answer. I might be selling products from Agri gro next year at reasonable prices. But waiting to see how they compare in yield first this fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)