AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home Options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/1/2015 18:44 (#4423573 - in reply to #4423494)
Subject: RE: Home Options

central - east central Minnesota -

TeamVanSantPulling - 3/1/2015 18:15 Have a potential to get a 2 acre lot for decently cheap in PA. Tossing around the idea of really three ideas. 1- modular home on top of a basement or garage. 2- stick built two story with a 3 car garage on the bottom and a two or three bedroom living space on top. 3- pour a heated pad and build a garage and home on one level. Trick for any of these plans is doing so on a budget and not going into loads and loads of debt. Like the all on one floor idea on a heated pad. Thoughts? Also what have some paid for septic and well install? Trying to get a picture here of what to plan for costs. In very beginning stages. Thanks!

I don't know about your area, but here - modular homes require all the basic's of a regular home (septic, well, electric and heat source) . . . . the resale of a stick built home is considerable higher then modular home (modular homes would be more like the mobile home/double wide, used in parks, of years back).

The septic and well are priced based on specific geographical areas - 10 miles up the road from me, the subsurface conditions turn to Granite . . wells can be 10 times higher then "here". Same with septic - due to county spec's.

I'd lean on doing it "right" the first time . . . a good quality constructed home for many years then a "cheappy" for a few years before it falls into shambles. The home doesn't need to be huge . . . a lot of family space and comforts can be incorporated into a 1200 sq ft home with daylight or walk out basement - even on a level lot. . . . . . . 1400 or 1500 would be even more comforts, but not necessary.

my 2¢

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)