AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn, beans and spring wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 1/28/2015 12:22 (#4344757 - in reply to #4344693)
Subject: RE: Back to the DEEP FREEZE next week after this weeks RECORD temps..

dpilot83 - 1/28/2015 10:54......For myself, after what I have studied today (which mostly means refining my ideas based upon what jpartner says, lol), I don't think we'll have a significant bounce before $5.15 and possibly lower. That being said, even though I'm currently 0% hedged (woops) I'm not going to re-hedge at these levels because I think at some point we'll be higher than today. Maybe not a lot higher, but some higher. I don't think the risk that I'm wrong is worth hedging to try to catch the last 20 to 30 cents down here.

Exactly!  It is easy to get caught up in the drama. If the market is going down, the emotions kick in because they are likely tied to financial obligations that exist within our lives.  Likewise, when the market is rallying, greed kicks in and we are gonna get ours!   The point I have been trying to hammer home forever is that regardless of the trend up or down, there is stored energy in the pivots.  Price can rally without any reason to do so (corn, wheat and soy), it can also sell off for no reason (cattle, hogs PM's).  So just know the facts - what is the trend ie UP or Down, and what is the current swing doing, expanding or retracing (pendulum) and make a plan.  When the trend changes, the plan will change as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)