AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Over the Counter Elk tag, Colorado, Idaho etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CND
Posted 10/23/2014 22:20 (#4142307 - in reply to #4142014)
Subject: RE: Over the Counter Elk tag, Colorado, Idaho etc.

Anamoose, ND
My dad and I along with three other friends bought over the counter elk tags for Colorado. We leave next week Friday. The cow tags are limited in number so you can go online and see just how many tags are left. The bull tags for the season we are going are unlimited so you can buy a tag any time before season opens. They have four rifle seasons, we are going for the third rifle season. Cow tags were $460 and bull tags are something like $610. We hunt unit 161. It is a semi arid area, lots of sagebrush surrounded by "mountains"........more like foot hills. Each season brings a ton of hunters, most of whom road hunt. I have also seen where everyday the same hunter sits on the same sagebrush outlook hoping that the elk decide to make a run for the refuge. I have had my best luck when we get away from all the other road hunters. Go up in the foothills and get a 1/2 mile from the trail into the timber. Maybe I am just lucky but I always seem to bump into elk. This year I have a bull tag, honestly just about every elk I have seen has been cows so this year might be more of a challenge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)