AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Biggest combine of the Market New Holland CR10.90
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

biggrntractor
Posted 8/6/2014 08:57 (#4004547 - in reply to #4003127)
Subject: RE: Biggest combine of the Market New Holland CR10.90

Northern Illinois

You have a good point. We had some pretty good big bushy beans. 40' Macdon on a 680. You would be running along pretty good and push it a little to hard and plug the feeder house chain. Stop, raise the reel and you could back it out. It looked like a compressed bale of straw backing out. Regardless of the class, I think we are at the limit of how much crop you can shove up a current feederhouse.

One comment about these machines used made me think of something that a salesman said. There was a guy harvesting some "On the farm storage" this spring. He had 2 12 rows and rented a 3rd. The story was one afternoon one machine picked up a rock and it was lodged in the fedderhouse/stone trap. The operator heard something but kept going. The rock acted like a flint and caught the machine on fire and total loss, fortunatly no one was hurt. They were all CIH 8 or 9's. I saw the CIH salesman and was giving him a hard time about what kind of firebombs they were renting out. He said he wasn't sure if it was their rental but who cares it is one less used combine on the face of the earth.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)