AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MFWD tractor or skidsteer with tracks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 2/11/2014 21:18 (#3683076 - in reply to #3682983)
Subject: Re: MFWD tractor or skidsteer with tracks?

Garvo, I appreciate your thoughts BUT a wheel loader gives me the least of flexibility-multiuse of one machine. I'm not a big operator and that little wheel loader won't fit in my barn.

I feed with a 4020 and put up my hay with a 4520. The 4520 is getting tired and needs some significant money put into it if I continue to use it a lot.

That's why I'd like to find a 110-140 hp MFWD tractor. It kills a lot of birds with one stone. Just wasn't expecting to pay so much for a hopefully "dependable" machine.

I guess I just had a wild thought about the skidsteer, it would be nice to have for all the tasks and cleaning barns and all that and I would have a new machine with warranty if I am to spend so much money. But a wheel loader or skidder doesn't solve my problem to replace the horses if the 4520. Plus I've been thinking about a possible bale processor in the future.

I need something to get around the mud in the spring, whether its the calving lots to put bedding down or trying to get hay out of the hay yard. Getting around with the 4020 the last couple of wet springs has been a challenge and frustrating. I don't know how our forefathers did it all those years.

I guess I was hoping I could find a decent priced MFWD to provide my needs now, and if everything goes good and the cattle market stays good find a good skidder in a couple of years. But that prolly won't happen as it appears I'm going to have to blow a pretty good load to get that tractor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)