AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad rumor or the truth? & 4H pig sale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Skipper
Posted 4/15/2008 08:29 (#358392 - in reply to #358257)
Subject: RE: Bad rumor or the truth? & 4H pig sale

You kill off the pigs because at this stage they are/seem to be a liabilty. Replacement gilts in the way things are structured now are pricey. You don't keep back--- you purchase new at around $300 a head. Abort and move the production down the road to (hopefully) more profitable time while not haveing to replace the factory(sow).

There is a pork checkoff but I wonder why. The biggest thing we/they claim is "the other white meat" promotion thats been around for about 20 years. I would think that we have paid for that one a few times over. It looks like we hire one of the lousyest(sp) ad agency money can buy now. They advertise in pork producer magazines and sometimes its a pic of the live animal---or a depressed house wife not knowing what to fix(the blahs ad--- now aint that catchy)----- the lady in the shower with time running out for something for supper(the ticking clock ad ---a little sex and stress mixed together?????) And then theres one for Spanish speaking people (probably a lot of them work in the packing plant and know all about the cuts of a hog) Now ya got me all worked up so think I'll abort a couple of sows and euthianize a few piggies. JUST JOKING IN CASE PETA is watching!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)