AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windmills on property
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Whats Up
Posted 7/14/2013 19:55 (#3208594 - in reply to #3206823)
Subject: RE: Windmills on property

I also feel that they are a bad idea. One other problem is that crop dusters will no longer be able to fly even if you don't have a tower but neighbor does they have to stay so far away. You always have to remember these companies have very good lawyers who spend thousands of hours putting these leases together and they r always going to be written in a way to protect the big companies, not u. In our area we have good farm land that comes up against rocks and hill country that can't be farmed, I feel if they build them they should be putting them in the rocks and hills. They don't feel the same way, they want to put them in the prime crop ground b/c it is easier to build and maintain. Last thing that I think of is the inflation that this country has seen over the last 30 years, Right now $3000 dollars / tower sounds pretty good but what is that $3000 going to buy you 10, 20, or even 30 years from now. Compare what a new pickup costs today vs. 30 years ago, now look 30 years into the future and that $3000 might not even rent 1 acre of land depending on how bad the government screws things up by then.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)