AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soy Beans Not Nodulating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

George_CPA
Posted 7/12/2013 21:40 (#3205140)
Subject: Soy Beans Not Nodulating

Patton, PA
I have about 40 acres of beans, on one farm that are not nodulating. They are at R1/ R2 right now. I would blame it on all the rain we have had but I have seen this problem on other new farms that never had beans on them before, this is such farm... Never had beans, we did inoclaute (single) them but i wanted to double inoculate even though "my guy" says it's not needed. They are pale green and short compared to all my other beans that were planted latter. Some spots are due to too much rain but for the most part they are just not nudulating.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and can offer a plan to rescue these beans? I thought about some coron but there really is not enough leaf there to catch the coron. I can't get enough Nitan on them to make a difference for fear of smoking them. Maybe some urea spread is the answer but I'm alittle hesitant to throw 60 bucks an acre at it if it's not going to work. If it was P or K i'd take the chance since it would still be around next year.

Suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)