AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why do you farm.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 2/5/2012 17:34 (#2207834 - in reply to #2207812)
Subject: Re: Why do you farm.

Near-north Ontario, French River
Well I wanted to be the POPE, but that job was taken so I took up farming :-) I think its a combination of things, freedom to make your own decisions, freedom to do what YOU want, freedom to set your own schedule ( within limits of course). In a nut shell I think most farmers are independently minded, I have worked a couple of off farm jobs over the years and I can honestly say that if I had to work in an assembly plant , or an office , or even drive truck EVERY DAY.. 5 days a week all year long I wouldn't make it past the first year. Farming offers a variety of jobs, some hard, some easy, some mentally draining and even others mentally stimulating all of which are ultimately very rewarding. Life isn't always about getting rich and having all the toys that the neighbour has, sometimes life is just about enjoying what you do. Its very rewarding to plant a crop, watch it grow and harvest in the fall, its even more rewarding when nature and the markets co-operate and you get a big crop and a good price. :-) I think I'll pass on the POPE job if it ever comes up again :-p
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)