AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crooked Co-op managers............How do you give them an incentive......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 9/30/2007 13:59 (#212178 - in reply to #212033)
Subject: Re: Crooked Co-op managers............How do you give them an incentive......

Kansas
Don

I think the day of the cooperative is about done for. Noone wants to wait till after they die to receive thier patronage dividends. The companies now involved in grain business are most usually solvent enough to not need the financial backing of the farmers money in the form of patronages. As another poster said, give me the savings up front.

I did a bit of visiting with some in the "know" after my disgust level was overfilled the other day. Seems Wichita Co bank is the biggest problem with the scenario. A coop that ran in the red to long and now has an outsider telling them where and when to set pricing.

It would probably be money ahead in the long run for me as young as I am to watch the place go bankrupt.....loose all the patronage from the last 20 some years, and watch a bunch come in and pick it up and start over such as scouler or debruce.

Rate it's going, I'd rather it just closed it's doors now and get a big guy in here rather than slowly suffocate for another 15 years and then the inevitable happen.

At any rate, I think it's time to reasses the grain marketing plan I used to use every year. It's dang foolish to stick with it anymore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)