AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mac OS X Lion released today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 7/24/2011 13:00 (#1877617 - in reply to #1874091)
Subject: Re: More first impressions

Western CO
I've had Lion installed for about 12 hours now on my Macbook. So far I'm pleased. As Eric mentioned navigating in Safari is very cool, the finger swipe for forward and back is great. Also it seems that Safari has been "cleaned up" a bit - it feels quite a bit faster to me. I use Firefox some and have tried Chrome and Opera but I always came back to Safari largely because of auto fill, I just like the way Safari does the auto fill -- just works better for me.

As for the other things, my verdict is out on the full screen window stuff - so far it seems to work pretty well but largely I'm not a full screen window user. I like to have large screens so that I can click back and forth between windows. But on a 13" laptop screen the full screen apps and Mission Control, and swiping between apps may work better as for the most part I make the windows near full screen anyway.

Also not sure on Mail yet as whether I will keep using the iOS look and feel or the "classic" look and feel. I do like the "threaded" in box like iOS so for now I'm trying Mail with the new look and feel.

Launchpad may also be ok once I've used it more but haven't really had it long enough to "organize" it the way I want it and use it on a regular basis -- sort of one of those things you have to try on and see if it fits for more than a couple of times.

I will probably have more later as I've not got much seat time yet but so far I'm pleased -- looking forward to iOS 5 now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)