AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

70% of Android returns due to apps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 6/6/2011 21:01 (#1807869 - in reply to #1807837)
Subject: Re: 70% of Android returns due to apps

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Correct, the core OS is good, the manufacturer's just need to learn how to leave it alone. We're starting to see a user revolt where Android users are becoming very vocal to the hardware manufacturers to not lock down the boot loaders. I don't think the hardware manufacturers understand why their users don't like the stock software. They'll figure it out eventually.

I suspect that eventually the phone hardware will become more standardized like the PC market is, so that there is just one main OS and it can go on any device.

I've never developed for iOS.

Actually, I'd say the entire US wireless market is in shambles. US Cellular refuses to allow any device onto their network that they didn't sell, even if it uses the same technology. Verizon's stuff works well, but there is a mountain of red tape to get anything done with them. Last time I bought service from them I had to talk to 7 people before I found one that would take my money. Wireless carriers need to realize that they only have one product to sell - bandwidth - and they need to focus on that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)