AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 monitor or flow meter problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/6/2011 14:04 (#1807557 - in reply to #1807426)
Subject: RE: Raven 460 monitor or flow meter problem

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I would check the flowmeter for anything unusual. However, your observations seem counter to the flowmeter dragging.

If the flowmeter was dragging, it would turn slower than it should. This would result in a lower calculated/applied rate than is really the case, so the system would open up the control valve to attempt to get the flowmeter up to the correct speed. This would amount to overapplication and you would cover less than the 80 acres @ 15 GPA.

A thought is that possibly the wiring leading from the flowmeter to the console may have a weak or bare spot. The console tries to hold the signal wire at +5V. As the flowmeter turns it shorts this wire to ground and then releases it to return to +5V. The micro inside the console counts these pulses and converts them to gallons by using the Meter Cal. If the wiring leading from the flowmeter has a bare spot, it might be making contact to ground inappropriately and creating "extra" pulses that are counted by the flowmeter.

The fact that you see Area/hr with only one boom on indicates that the boom switch wiring telling the console that the section is ON is working properly. The fact that you get spray but no observed rate would make me believe that the flowmeter is dragging to the point where there isn't enough flow with only a single boom On to cause it to move.

Edited by tedbear 6/7/2011 06:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)