AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Continental Tractor Tires, any good?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J. Sheehan
Posted 11/26/2010 21:09 (#1455757 - in reply to #1455574)
Subject: Re: Continental Tractor Tires, any good?

Sunnyside, WA
I had them on both my JD 4650 tractors that pulled tmr wagons for 2500+ hours per year each. Ran 35 psi (max allowed for 20.8R38) to carry the load. Blew sidewall on 3 and had cracking in the 4th. Weighed the rear axle of the tractor to make sure we were not overloading. Weight came in under allowable load carrying capacity.

Have a set of 6 put on our JD 8300 over 7000 hours ago. 1400 hours per year. Have blown out 3 sidewalls (One front and two rear--one rear was a dual) so far and this tractor doesn't do much heavy weight carrying. Front tire remaining is almost gone for tread and both rears should be replaced before fieldwork this fall. Put a Firestone 23 dual on the left side for tillage and the tractor always pulled right.

Have lost both sidewalls on the front of our JD 6420. Rears are still going fine. 1200 hours per year.

Put a set on the rear of our JD 8410. Blew out the sidewall. Replaced with Michelins and still have a Continental 20.8R42 if someone wants it. 1100 hours per year.

Continental has no interest in talking to me on any of these tires.

Firestone or Michelin for me on any field tractor of tmr tractor.

Edited by J. Sheehan 11/26/2010 21:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)