AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I want an iPad--help please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 11/12/2010 23:03 (#1433377 - in reply to #1432426)
Subject: Re: I think I want an iPad--help please

You would like the iPad. They are dead simple and intuitive to operate - which is the appeal to the user who doesn't like the complexity of desktop or laptop computers. My elderly parents have one and they love it - they fight over it in the evenings - and they barely know how to turn on their regular computer.

If you can get access to wi-fi hotspots on a regular basis when you're out on the road, you can get by without the 3G model. Most motels offer free wi-fi. I used to pull up next to them when I had an iPod Touch and get a connection for a few minutes to check my email or look something up quick. A lot of fast food places are offering free wi-fi now too. If you want access all the time, anywhere, you'll either need the 3G model, which only currently works through AT&T and has a $30/month data plan (no contract, can quit any time) - or starting this past 10/28 Verizon now sells wi-fi only iPads bundled with a cellular hotspot. This thing creates a mobile wi-fi network that you connect the iPad to but uses the Verizon cell network. The 16GB will be more than enough for what you are describing your needs to be.

http://mashable.com/2010/10/14/verizon-ipad/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)