AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I want an iPad--help please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 11/12/2010 09:57 (#1432426)
Subject: I think I want an iPad--help please

Iowa
I have an off-farm business, doing residential landscaping, grading, etc. I think it would be great to have pictures of all the projects we have done to show potential customers.

Also, I could use the wy-fi to check emails when out of town--this way I wouldn't need a smart phone and the monthly costs of it. I'd rather pay $500 once than $40/month for the smart phone. (i realize that I could only get emails on the iPad at wy-fi locations and the smart phone would send emails to me all the time).

I assume apple doesn't use windows, and I am terrible with computers. How much new would I have to learn just to email, surf the web, and show potential clients pictures?

How "big" of an iPad would I need? 16 mb, 32 mb?? I was told just to buy a cheap laptop instead, but I have had terrible luck w cheap "Best Buy" type computers. I have a local computer guru build my stuff and he says a decent laptop with his free services keeping me going would be $1000-twice the cost of the laptop.

What is wrong with my assumptions? As I said, I am not that good w computers and really don't want to learn much more than I already know. I can put pics from a camera on a computer, so I have that covered.

Please advise, and THANKS in advance!!!

Tommy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)