AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finances between you and your spouse or sig other, or family members?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 2/8/2019 19:55 (#7307444)
Subject: Finances between you and your spouse or sig other, or family members?

So disclaimer first. I'm single with no children. Not currently dating, but my sister and her husband are trying to fix me up with their neighbor lady. LOL

This topic is somewhat new to me. I'm 56 years old, and just never heard the topic mentioned in my circle of friends until recently. Now, I grew up with a stay at home mom as they call it now. I always assumed that all that mattered was the family unit cohesion, not that a dollar value was put on every aspect of life.

Do you expect your spouse or significant other to pay their way in all matters financial? How about if you have children, but divorced and remarried with "his/her" kids living in the same house. Does that impact your decision?

How about if your spouse looses or quits their job? Do you expect them to only take equal or higher paying positions in their new job? Or even demand that they get a job right away to pay their half or percentage of everything?

Maybe this is more of a divorced couple or family question, I dont know. But for some reason, at every turn, someone is talking about their spouse changing jobs, and by gosh, it better make enough to pay his/her half. So,.....educate me on this.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)