AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some harvest pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/30/2018 12:17 (#6959879)
Subject: Some harvest pictures

Pittsburg, Kansas

For you guys getting itchy to get started, here are some pics to get you even more so. This is probably one of our better fields. Looks like it is going to run right around what we would call an "average" crop for us at around 135. With another rain at the right time and less high temperatures it should have been about 180. As it turned out with the late season stress and the poorer areas because of it, looks like it will go about 135. Poorest field we have had ran about 70 so far and based on this field I think we might have one or two go 160 on the north end of where we farm where they got rain when needed. Overall I am still hoping for an average crop but right now I am calling it 10-15 bu below average over all. The yield monitor on this field was going from over 200 down to about 70. Rained us out today so will not know the field average till we get back in to finish it.

We were sooooo close to having an exceptional year. North of us a ways is some fantastic corn (for SE Ks). South of us 50-70 bu burnt up. So I feel very fortunate to have what we have.

About 20% done with corn harvest.

Enjoy the pictures.

Edited by John Burns 8/30/2018 12:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)