AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RIN Waivers are gonna be a FALL ELECTION ISSUE in Farm Country.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 6/29/2018 13:15 (#6840927)
Subject: RIN Waivers are gonna be a FALL ELECTION ISSUE in Farm Country.

It's the ONLY THING that I am talking to with my representatives.. "How SOON are we gonna see a RIN WAIVER FIX?"

I encourage EVERYONE in FARM COUNTRY to MAKE OUR PATRIOTIC VOICES HEARD!!

( https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/news/world-policy/article/2018/06/27/iowa-sen-grassley-suggests-epa-act )

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, was livid at the news but fell short in calling for EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt to resign.

"That's a gut punch to Midwest farmers, to President Trump and to the rule of law," Grassley said in a statement. "So far, Administrator Pruitt has failed. But he can make it right by reallocating waived obligations in the final rule. Otherwise, Administrator Pruitt should let someone else do the job who won't continue to undermine the president. This would be a common sense step to repairing the damage already done and rebuilding trust between Administrator Pruitt and Midwest farmers."

In addition, Grassley raised the notion the EPA may be breaking the law in how it handles waiver requests.

"As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I also have concerns that EPA may be ignoring or abusing the Administrative Procedure Act as they continue to grant waivers in secret and refuse to respond to congressional oversight and public information requests regarding the practice," Grassley said. "The public's business ought to be public, and hiding behind bureaucracy and poor excuses isn't going to work."

We're NOT going to take this from Scott Pruitt.

Either things change.. or we'll MAKE CHANGES come the next elections.

Everyone that I talk to feels the same way about this issue.

Edited by JonSCKs 6/29/2018 13:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)