AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

looking for feedback on option fill discrepency (spread)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

honest abe
Posted 5/8/2018 21:14 (#6750762)
Subject: looking for feedback on option fill discrepency (spread)

over taxed nebraska
put in a order with broker Friday for corn option bull call spread. got call back and was told the premium offer price was 9 cents less than my bid, so we cancelled my bid premium price and put in bid at half cent over offer. got confirmation call for fill as such. it was done in the pit, not electronically. I think their was an open order laying there..... when paperwork came it had sell strike price at a 30 cent lower figure but the spread premium was correct. immediately call with discrepancy and was told they would check the tapes. got call back and said they made some mistake and wouldn't give me my confirmed trade. the tapes were very clear and correct on the business we done, but wouldn't let me have the correct confirmed trade. its about a 9 cent option premium deal difference. ok. been doing business 25 years there and this is the first time anything like this has happened. always a very professional exchange of business. I checked with another broker and he said they should have an error account and ate their mistake especially being in the big picture it is a small deal.

so any knowledgeable traders, what would you do ? forget it, file formal complaint, find different broker ? I am responsible for my trades, and once I get the confirmation call which was clearly stated as such I feel that is in stone........ well not so much this time....gut says someone seen a goodie and snatched it away from unimportant me and I have no way of knowing what really happened to my trade between the pit and futures outfit.....the long term comfortable feeling has left, and they know me by voice before I even say my account number. that many calls and trades with a couple of their phone answerers...

any logical opinion ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)