AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Watering from pond
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

birdfarmer2199
Posted 3/22/2017 18:24 (#5915981)
Subject: Watering from pond

Cental Indiana
Rented pasture new to me. Watering system came from the pond built on the pasture. Pond is fenced from cattle and must be that way per owners request. Trying to get things back in working order and today checking out the watering system. Found the valve in the side of the dam and it's in a clay field tile sticking up out of the ground. Steel bar is there in the tile to stick down and turn the valve. Unfortunately there is about a 8 inch diameter tree growing up right beside the tile and when I use the steel bar to reach down and turn the valve I can feel that it's full of roots. Hasn't been used in years.

What options are there to use the pond when it turns dry? Creek has plenty of water now but the former tennent said it will dry up in August so he always hauled cattle to another pasture then.

What is the best bang for the buck that's not necessarily permenant? Don't want to mess with water and definitely don't have time to haul water every day. No electricity here. Solar? Syphon some how?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)