AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grazon P+D (Generic) - On Timothy and OG Hay Fields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Granary
Posted 2/22/2017 15:58 (#5856421)
Subject: Grazon P+D (Generic) - On Timothy and OG Hay Fields

Central Western VA Mountains
Considering my options for hay fields of timothy, OG and mixed grass hay - those with no restrictions of removing the hay from the property from which it is harvested.

Looking over herbicides there is GrazonNext, there is or was Grazon P+D - which there are now generic versions. I guess the patents ran out on Grazon P+D.

What I don't see is any label restriction (as with GrazonNext and other herbicides with residuals) that hay cannot be taken off the property for 18 months. P+D has residuals, I think, as I read about it and with respect to the label - just not a restriction for moving hay off the farm for a given time period, which is good for us as we sell our hay.

Some reading on the internet indicated to me that P+D can cause a multi-year (maybe up to 3 years) seed suppression? Bad if you are replanting or perhaps over seeding, but maybe good if you are trying to keep summer annuals under control in your hay field.

Aside from having a license to apply the stuff, what is the downside to using the generic version of Grazon P+D ? What do you like about this herbicide?

Just looking for more non-residual herbicides to add to our rotation - this one is on the radar.

Thanks,
Bill
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)