AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AccuGuide hydraulic valve install - new steering motor/hand pump?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 2/20/2017 18:02 (#5852350)
Subject: AccuGuide hydraulic valve install - new steering motor/hand pump?

I'm in the middle of installing the ancient mojortk in our 2005 magnum 305 and I was able to buy the hydraulic valve and steering sensor pretty reasonably. During an earlier issue a tech told me I would be good to just mount the hydraulic valve block directly onto the hand pump since it had the bolt holes to mount the block directly to the hand pump. Apparently earlier hand pumps had no bolt holes. I really like this set up over 62 Tees and short hoses btw. After going through the instructions that show using a different hand pump I noticed the pump in the instructions did not have the side mounted load sense port and instead has the port between 2 of the main ports on the hand pump. My hand pump has side port for the load sense line. The question is do I need a different hand pump?

I think I was told the side port was a case drain so it should be no big deal, but a LS is different. I noticed an old nat post on the subject talking about the steering system acting like it wouldn't signal the hydraulic pump out of idle mode. The lack of a load sense signal would do this. I think both the hand pump and the valve block are going to need a load sense circuit to work right and it's looking like I'll be switching handpumps. However, hydraulics can be tricky and I definitely could be wrong.

It would be great if anyone remembers what hand pumps would work with this system that would be great. I'm finding my local guy has done so many different set ups that things like 10 year old weird stuff are hard to recall (his old computer with the info is now gone - maybe I'm just too slow adopting some of this, but sometimes being cheap has a cost). thanks

Edited by Pat H 2/20/2017 18:08

(305 accuguide installation 87663937 47 2.jpg)

(305 accuguide installation 87663937 48 2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 305 accuguide installation 87663937 47 2.jpg (133KB - 129 downloads)
Attachments 305 accuguide installation 87663937 48 2.jpg (133KB - 119 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)