AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

,now how about spinal stenosis,,anyone had good results??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 2/19/2017 13:32 (#5849848)
Subject: ,now how about spinal stenosis,,anyone had good results??

The thread on bulging discs was excellent,,,didnt realize so many young people had such serious back issues.

In the last few months my world (and retirement plans) were turned upside down. First had a cervical spine MRI and found severe stenosis,,,so doc gave me an epidural shot under x ray but it only lasted 60 days when had to repeat same.

Then Lumbar back(Shooting burning leg weakness) was acting up and MRI of that revealed SEVERE stenosis,,arthritic fa-cet joints and some fractures were mentioned. More shots. BUT they are not doing a good job,,and was advised not to lift anything.

My chiro has always lead me down the right road for 25 years. I asked about teeter hang ups and he said NO,,,the blood vessels are 4 to 5 times as strong in your ankles vs your brain,,,and the increased pressure can do VERY bad things.

Asked about surgery then and he said maybe,,,BUT,,,the nerves coming out of the spine are like water pipes and the stenosis is like a pipe rusting shut.(makes space too small). Surgery works the first time but the rust comes back 3 times as fast.

His idea of best treatment would be stretch decompression but have had that on my neck and it goes back to bad real quick. His quote was for a 10 week treatment for $3,500 and insurance covers 0.(NOTHING)

This whole lumbar stenosis came on so quickly. I was working two jobs and in less than three weeks I am unemployed . I dont have back pain but wow the leg pain,,,it gets bad enough I dont have a leg to stand on.

Cant go more than a few blocks in the car,,cant sit, stand, or lay down very long and sleep is hard to come by. Cant even get to the bigger city better doctors here.

IF these shots dont last any longer than the others And have to do 2 sets of them every 45-60 days,,,yikes...

Just wondering if anyone knows any one who had the laser surgery on the spinal stenosis and had GOOD outcome and LONG TERM relief???

I know they advertise as such but dont say how long it lasts

ANY other recommended NAT approved fixes for broken down grey mules? I had plenty of bucket list items for the next few years,,,none now!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)