AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Be careful when you buy" story
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jbatmick
Posted 12/24/2016 11:01 (#5720415)
Subject: "Be careful when you buy" story

Hastings, Florida

My sister finished building her new home this week, very nice place. She had ordered some new up-scale furniture back in September, going to a large, independently owned local store.Said the store had lots of TV ads, played religious music in the show-room, and had a church theme to it. The agreement was for the furniture to be delivered when the house was finished, and was paid for when she placed the order. 
Her daughter, my niece, heard her mother talk about the good experience, the quality furniture,good deal, etc., and she decided to  order some new items, to be delivered Christmas week. This was all back in September, everybody was happy.
Happy until they  called for delivery to be made , and discovered the store has filed for bankruptcy last week. Bad deal.
My niece works at a local lending institution, and they have several lawyers versed in the bankruptcy rules, and they say all is probably lost.They discovered this was not the first time these folks had done this, filing for protection back in  "05.

Be careful, you never know.

Edited by Jbatmick 12/24/2016 11:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)