AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 11/27/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 11/27/2016 08:32 (#5659423)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 11/27/16*****

Good Sunday Morning. Winding down after a long holiday weekend. Did Thanksgiving totally dethrone you? Don't worry if it did, try and get back with it before Christmas rolls around. I know there are the Christmas parties to go to. Always something to get in our way of losing weight.

Let's talk about influences. Does someone influence you to do something you know you shouldn't? Does grandma stand in front of you and tell you how hard she worked on those cookies, or dessert and guilt you into trying some. Your wife can do the same thing. I know I worked hard on our Thanksgiving meal, and would feel bad if people just push it away. Same goes for things we drink. Just because it is liquid doesn't mean it has no calories. Beer, liquor and wine have lots of calories. For every drink you have, try drinking a glass of water between. People can influence you, but in the end, you are the one that is drinking the drink, or putting the food in your mouth.

I imagine there will be few posters during the month of December. Nobody really wants to diet now, and that is ok. But keep it in the back of your mind to join us here, Sunday, January 1st. New members welcome and of course, old members that have gained back a few pounds, you are more then welcome to come back. Just say you want a fresh start.

Now for Dave and me, Dave was worried as he had to go to the doctor the day after Thanksgiving as his wrist really hurt. When a farmer complains about pain, I take it seriously as he is not a whiner. Turns out he has tendonitis from doing his exercises for his neck pain. Can't win for losing there. He got on the doctor's scale and said he really gained weight. I told him that he weighed with jeans and shoes on and they weigh a lot. He did gain at home, but only .4. Not bad at all for a holiday weekend. For me, I was shocked when I got on the scale. I lost 1.8 pounds. I will take it. I must have made a difference when the person cutting the pumpkin pie is a personal trainer. She cut it in 12 pieces. When the piece is so small that it can't even stand up, well, lets just say that is how a serving should be. I didn't let her leave any behind either. Yay me.

Have a great week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)