AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water heaters in series
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Redman
Posted 7/5/2016 02:24 (#5392084)
Subject: Water heaters in series

SW Saskatchewan
Is this permissible?

Only have a concrete crawl space under my house so the gas water heater is in attached garage. Long haul from tank to bathroom so a lot of water is wasted waiting for warm water to wash hands-also tank capacity is marginal at best for my wife's soaker tub.

Could put a larger gas heater in garage but the long wait for water would still be there. Have thought of an instant hot heaters but venting would be a problem. Hate to give up upstair space for the tank when the crawl space is available.

My solution would be to install an electric tank in the crawl space next to bath rooms and kitchen. The gas heater would most of the work heating the water-the electric unit would only need to heat the extra water for when my wife wants to run the well dry to fill the tub.

Is this against code---is it unwise or trouble prone? Has anyone had experience with a situation like this and what was your solution.

Since I am semi-retired I am not as venturesome as I once was so am asking before I make a mistake.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)