AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SF2 Line Drift When Sidedressing or Spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ksmith
Posted 6/28/2016 10:45 (#5380815)
Subject: SF2 Line Drift When Sidedressing or Spraying

NE Ohio
Has anyone else been successful in sidesdressing or spraying with SF2 lines from planting?

We plant using SF2 in a Starfire 3000 on a JD 4455 with an ATU 200 installed. Other than swerves that occur when first starting a pass the pass to pass accuracy seems good. For the most part we use A + Heading lines that are 0 or 90 degrees. I have tested tracking by running down the same track at planting time and it seems to hold from one end of the field to another (1/4 to 1/2 mile).

When we come back to spray (JD 4830) or sidedress (JD 6210R with factory autosteer) a month or more later the lines will not track the entire length of the field. Initially after lining up to the row and centering the line it will track correctly. However, before reaching the end of the field the steering line will move closer to the edge of the row as if it was on a slightly different angle. We have tried manually entering the lines and moving the entire display with the original lines with the same results.

Perhaps my understanding of line drift is wrong but I thought the angle of the line always held. It is the lateral position of the line that moves with time and needs to be recentered. With SF2 you would expect some pass to pass drift, but not 12+ inches. Is that not correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by ksmith 6/28/2016 10:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)