AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High Speed Internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Roadpizza
Posted 6/27/2016 01:12 (#5378111)
Subject: High Speed Internet

I hate Verizon, mostly. We're currently on the "best" rural plan we can get for a family bundle (phone and internet). With kids home we run over 40 G /month. The plan is only $150/month but each G over is $15. Upgrading SMS or Quickbooks pushes us over even more. What is a good wireless unlimited plan? We could add the "can" to the house and keep the smart phones on the family plan. It would be cheaper most months. The downside is the speed is no better.

There have been several new companies offering line of sight plans which are unlimited but slow down with multiple users. I need something built for the future. The shop is not connected. I have two barns 2.5 miles away that should be connected as well. Line of sight between farm and barns may be tricky.

I have read some old threads here re hops, bridges, Ubiquiti networks etc. I would love to set that up but have little to no real experience in that. What is a good ISP to get high speed that is not limited? Our wifi puck has room for only 5 devices. I am in LeSueur Co northeast of Mankato, MN. Fiber was laid to connect all schools but it ran one mile south of me. I keep thinking data will go the way of cell phone minutes. We used to be worried about going over our plan minutes. Now most of us can't imagine that concern.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)