AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Micro-trak Electric pump driver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 5/24/2016 19:48 (#5318465)
Subject: Micro-trak Electric pump driver

I've used these before and have always got the PWM version of the driver. However, when I went to test out and calibrate a new setup on my sidedress rig today I realized that they sent me the 40 amp STD driver which uses a Servo valve signal instead of the 40amp PWM that I wanted. The instructions in the box were for the PWM and I didn't even realize there were two different kinds until today when I couldn't get it to work.

It was after 5pm, so I couldn't call MT today, but probably will tomorrow. But I thought I'd see if anybody knew anything tonite so I can think things through before I decide what I want to do.

I'm running it with an Trimble FmX and Field IQ so I can output either PWM or Servo. I tried to configure it as Servo, but I can't get it to run because I don't have section control enabled. And the Std driver has a lead to connect to Boom 1...I'm guessing it is waiting for the signal from Boom 1 to turn the pump on.

Could I make up a wire to run from the Master/Dump valve on my Field IQ harness to use as Boom 1 signal? I have Deutsch and Weatherpak connectors and pins to do stuff like that. What is that wire lead coming off the pump driver looking for? From the instructions for the driver I found online it looks like you really only need 1 wire, so would that just be a 12 volt input?

Maybe a servo valve setup might actually work better than a PWM setup IDK, I've never used these EPD in anything but PWM signals. I don't have section valves, I just set up the Rate Control to go to Zero When Off, and Section Control is set up as Rate as Section. Maybe I'd get better instant on with a servo valve setup since it will turn my electric pump on instantly instead of having to ramp up from Zero?

I'm using the Electric pump to spray in a band a low rate of micronutrient fertilizer or fungicide at V5 when I sidedress my corn.

The top picture is what I have, the bottom picture is what I wanted....

(Capture.PNG)

(Capture1.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Capture.PNG (46KB - 63 downloads)
Attachments Capture1.PNG (46KB - 63 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)