AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding RAM to Acer computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 1/28/2016 15:00 (#5070154)
Subject: Adding RAM to Acer computer

South Georgia
Hey, guys.

It's time to add some RAM to my office computer. I'm tire of listening to the hard drive grind away while using Quickbooks or a big spreadsheet. I'm not a computer geek, so I need a little guidance buying the right thing. It only has two slots for memory, and they currently contain a 1GB and a 2GB stick. Looking online, I see 2GB sticks commonly, but I don't come across anything bigger than that. Is that the best I can do, replace my 1GB stick with a 2 for a total of 4? That would be a great deal better than what I have, I suppose.

Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

Here is what I found that I think is what I need:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LT6NDY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref...

I'll attach a picture of what's currently in the machine.

Thanks for any help. I hope to keep this computer kicking along for a while yet, if for no other reason because I don't want to deal with the hassle of moving to a new computer and figure out how to work the weirdo new version of Windows that wifey has on her laptop.

Adrian

Edit: Upon further review, I find that there are some 4GB sticks of this memory available, but they appear to be significantly taller than what I currently have, which will not work due to space constraints. Computer has a physically pretty small box, and the CD-Rom drive is overhead to the RAM.

Edited by Adrian 1/28/2016 15:17

(20160128_152529.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20160128_152529.jpg (106KB - 458 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)