AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grandpa got to drive his favorite tractor last Saturday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Gregor
Posted 5/5/2015 09:39 (#4552804)
Subject: Grandpa got to drive his favorite tractor last Saturday

East Central Nebraska
Neat experience I had last Saturday and our oldest daughter graduated high school and my grandparents were out. Grandpa was just diagnoised with liver cancer, has spread, and not good prognosis. This is his 3rd bout with cancer. He's 89 and in excellent health otherwise and mentally sharp too. I bought his 3020 john deere tractor (which was his favorite tractor) from my uncle that grandpa had purchased new in the late 60's. He hasn't been on the tractor in years. So I was in the shop washing my pickup getting ready to leave and he came in and wanted to drive his tractor. Problem is the batteries are shot and maybe with the charger on boost for about 20 min it might turn over fast enough to start. I was running behind and needed to leave. We'll he jumped up on it, pushed the clutch, turned the key and it roared to life as if the batteries were new. Well he went up and down the road with it and my mom got some video of it. Dad and I were both talking that the good lord must of wanted him to ride that tractor. We are absolutely stunned that it started. I went to move the tractor in the evening to put it away and same again, it wouldn't turn over and had to put charger on it for about 1/2 hour before I could get it to go. We are just amazed how that thing started up for him. That will be a memory that our family will never forget. So if you can keep Bill in your prayer, much appreciated as I know one of mine was answered when I thought please Lord let it start. I about fell over when it did.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)