AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dry fertlizer question/rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KNFarms
Posted 4/26/2015 09:56 (#4538638)
Subject: Dry fertlizer question/rant

Southwest Iowa
Maybe its just around here but how many of you notice guys that never spread dry fertilizer? I run a custom application business as well as farm and I never really paid real close attention til I got my own floater, but the amount of people around here that never spread dry fert year in and year out really surprises me. Do some just not believe in it or what? I guess I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

I used to do the 2 year application deal til about 3 yrs ago, then I started spreading every acre every year. I know a lot still do that and that doesn't bother me at all, but there is a large amount of people in our area that just put anhydrous on for corn and plant. I talked to one of the coops in our area and they notice the same thing.

Once we started zone sampling it was an eye opener to what was really going on in some fields, and I have been working really hard to get all my ground in good shape.
Just kinda bothers me to see so many people not care about it, and mine the soil.

Sorry for the rant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)