AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Goodbye Ag Studio - SMS questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ottofarm
Posted 4/11/2015 11:28 (#4510415)
Subject: Goodbye Ag Studio - SMS questions

Redwood Falls, MN
I've been a Mapshots user since 1997. As EasiSuite reached it's life's end I looked forward to the introduction of the "new and improved" Ag Studio. After dumping money into Ag Studio and receiving nothing but frustration with have the software performed, it's time to move on. Some of the problem had to do with my 2.5mb connection but many other existed as well. The final straw was a bill for $2100 that was not a purchase, but an annual subscription. That was a total shock to me!

It seems that SMS will offer everything I was using Mapshots software for. I had a lengthy discussion with the MN dealer and feel it will more than satisfy my needs. I like the idea of having the main software and data on my computer and it sounds like that will continue for some time yet. I never thought about this before but how do you access your data from a cloud service one you discontinue your subscription with them? Right now I can go back to 1997 in EasiSuite. I won't have that luxury in a cloud system.

Now the questions:
What is the easiest way to get up and going in SMS? I have been using Apex as my main output of setup files to my GS3 controller. Can I create a setup file in Apex that has all my farms, fields, equipment, crops, etc and read that directly back into SMS off my thumb drive? Do I need to put the setup files in the monitor then export back to the thumb drive to accomplish this instead?
Any other quick tips for getting this up and running efficiently would be appreciated.

Lance O.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)