AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm magazine rant....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

monse
Posted 3/28/2015 10:52 (#4482205)
Subject: Farm magazine rant....

NE ND
Anyone else tired of the editorials in the farm magazines telling us that we all need to be more conservation conscious? I feel many of the stories treat farmers as though they do not have the capability or education to make informed decisions on how best to treat the land. I feel like we are being treated as mindless fools that just go about doing things the way our dad, grandfathers, and great grandfathers have always done things 'cuz that must be the right way to do um'. This kind of seems to me like telling journalist that they need to tell the truth in their writings and be aware that what they publish has a public effect. What farmer could stay in business if they did not constantly strive to be better, more efficient producers? At the same time we are all well aware that our lasting legacy is the way in which we treat the land for the next generation. We all farm the way that is best for our region and that even differs from field to field in the same region. Maybe I am just getting old and cranky but seems like the new generation of ag columnists are as out of touch with farming as the landlords who are 3 generations removed from their family farm.

Edited by monse 3/28/2015 10:56

(untitled.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments untitled.png (11KB - 196 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)