AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low Price Insulin for Diabetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DDDMO41
Posted 3/22/2015 14:43 (#4469785)
Subject: Low Price Insulin for Diabetics

Dawn Mo 64638
Are you aware that there is a generic Insulin? I was in the donut hole for many years for most of the year. I would ask the WaLMart pharmaist what to do with no results. Always gave me the answer there was nothing out there like Lantas which is a slow actin Insulin. I found out through an insurance company that WalMart makes a generic Insulin called Relion N(slow acting) and Relion R(fast acting) and they also make a 70/30 mix. I am paying shy $25 per bottle until you meet the deductible. After you meet your deductible it is half price. This is compared to $110 a bottle between the deductable and donut hole. It is considerable higher during the duductable in the donut hole. I take about the same number of units per day that I took with the high price Insulin. The slow acting has to be taken twice a day where Lantus was once a day. I seem to have better control than Lantus did. My diabetic recommended I piggyback the N and R twice a day. Actually, I have one less shot a day than before by doing it this way. Doctore thought it was safer as it was all natural.
CHECK WITH YOUR DIABETIC DOCTOR.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)