AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorry, I have two more thoughts about marketing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

illfarmr
Posted 8/30/2014 21:32 (#4047788)
Subject: Sorry, I have two more thoughts about marketing.

Central Illinois
I know many of us get our bids from our favorite or local elevator via email, text, or other electronic means. I suggest expanding that a bit to some other country elevators, or better yet, terminal elevators if you can. In our case, local elevator delivery is a last option. With our trucks and storage, we try to deliver to a terminal whenever possible. While I like our local guys,and do a fair share of business marketing grain through them, I have seen their best terminal bids be 8-10 cents below another elevator or terminal. Of course, any elevator can have better or worse bids on a given day due to circumstances, I would be p'oed to find out I delivered a load somewhere, and found out the elevator across the street was 8-10 cents higher.

Another thought I had is, that with the trucking we do for neighbors, it never ceases to amaze me how many farmers don't care to get their load tickets. They usually comment that the elevator will get them and everything will be okay. Now, I don't believe any elevator would intentionally give a ticket to another customer, but with hundreds to thousands of tickets being entered on some days, mistakes do happen. I rarely catch more than one missed load a year, and even then its' not every year, but a thousand bushel of corn or beans is not something I willing to give away. And if you do find a mistake, don't get mad, they are human to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)