AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS simulation on Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinFButt
Posted 8/29/2014 19:22 (#4045847)
Subject: GPS simulation on Integra

North Central Iowa
I apologize in advance for the length of this...it could get long. We need to demo an OnTrac 2+ for 300+ high school kids next week. We built a desktop steering wheel display with an OnTrac 2+ mounted to it (see image below). I've seen dealers run a similar setup at shows and simulate a GPS so we know it can be done.

Hooked up the OnTrac to an Integra display with a new AgLeader Integra display cable. Attached the DB9 GPS connection to a USB to serial adapter into a laptop running Ag Leader's GPS Simulator program. Integra recognizes the OnTrac and communicates with that but I cannot get any communication between the Integra and laptop. We can see data flashing and go into the Integra and watch the GPS string...every so often get a bunch of F's flashing (see image below) by and then it goes into searching by baud rate. When we disconnect from the laptop the flashing F's quit so we know some kind of data is coming across. So we started looking at possible problem points and have tried everything we can think of... now throwing the white flag.

This is what we have tried so far:
1. Hooked the laptop to the Integra using Ag Leader's CAN Bus Simulator...the GPS simulator works perfectly. Switch back to the OnTrac setup and back to square 1.
2. Tried it on another Integra.
3. Tried several USB-Serial adapters.
4. Tried several laptops.
5. Tried another GPS simulation software (Lance Lefebure's). Got the same flashing F's.

We've thrown the kitchen sink at it with no luck. Hoping someone on NAT can help us out. Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by KevinFButt 8/29/2014 19:27

(20140829_145839.jpg)

(20140829_145855.jpg)

(20140829_145939.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20140829_145839.jpg (83KB - 137 downloads)
Attachments 20140829_145855.jpg (93KB - 167 downloads)
Attachments 20140829_145939.jpg (75KB - 136 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)