AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about digging out a lake overflow area
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DavidD4440
Posted 8/18/2014 10:28 (#4024689)
Subject: Question about digging out a lake overflow area

Tennessee
Wasn't quite sure how to best word my question.

This might seem like a silly question, but I don't want to do something that might irritate the property owners across the road. At the back of my property there is an area(shallow slough) that holds water for part of the year. Most of the water comes from a lake across the road that is owned by someone else. I don't know this person or their family. When their lake fills up, the excess water flows under the road and onto my land.

Am thinking about digging out the location on my side to make it deeper and wider. My cattle would be able to drink the water year round since making it deeper would hopefully result in there being several feet of water even in summer.

The reason I'm mentioning all this is because some of the lake owner's fish will make their way into the slough. I just hope those people won't look at it as though I'm stealing their fish.

I don't have any pics, but how would you view this?

I'm sure some of their fish have ended up on my side during heavy rains. Making the slough hold water year round will not only help my cattle, but also numerous species of wildlife.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)