AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever buy "fixer upper"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DanofWI
Posted 7/11/2014 22:01 (#3963417)
Subject: Ever buy "fixer upper"

I purchased a place that has 2 machine sheds, 2 tabacco sheds, cattle shed, barn and house. It sits on 10 acres and I got a really good deal. Bad part is that when I looked at the place it didn't seem half as bad as it does now that I am fixing it up! House has good foundation, newer roof (5years old) wrapped with insulation then newer siding (9years old). I think that they never spent a nickle on the house other than that. Everything in the interior is in bad shape but livable. I am starting to think the house should have found its way to a hole and a match! I have almost 6figures into fixing the house up between furnace a/c, Plumbing, some electrical(had a lot of knob and tube wiring), Flooring, Dry wall, Paint , carpet, water softener, water heater and a well pump. It's finally looking real nice but man o man I don't know if it is since you get one part looking really good if that makes other parts look worse or what the heck!!!! The machine sheds are really nice minus the 12 foot height. Cattle shed has cement yard but no cement in building! Tabacco sheds I cut open and store hay and straw in. The barn is in ill repair and I am thinking of knocking the top off the foundation and just build off that. Just having one of those days that I think I should have started new! Just wondering if any one else has done some thing similar??? My father said the other day " In 5 years you'll look back and think of all of your work and appreciate where you are a lot more" Thanks for listening to my rant!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)