AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LED or halogen on old JD 4wd I'm going to sell at some point
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/6/2013 08:18 (#3495439)
Subject: LED or halogen on old JD 4wd I'm going to sell at some point

If I ever finish the shrek project (st350 w/detroit eng and maybe am and fm) we plan to sell the 8630 which, though a little underpowered, has done much better than expected. The previous owner stuck some snow plow lights at all 4 corners and it's a little like taping a cheap flashlight to the hood.

I can get led's for $35/each (larsonlights.com 27w, 1550 lumens, $29 ddm, 1350 lumens) or for the same money rebulb the snowplow lamps with HID's or go way cheap and go with halogens. My concern is old wiring supporting HID's start up surge and general high current draw of halogens. If I get my steiger done the lights will be for the next owner, but having good lighting that doesn't cause melted wires is usually a plus for making a good sale (I don't get the tractor back the following week). For you guys who have been doing some lighting changes, did you find LED's well worth the money and headache savings or just wiring up a relay(s) and installing more halogens (approx $15/each) a better/easier route?

Edited by Pat H 12/6/2013 08:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)