AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible Case IH 1200 sensor issues?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redfarmer72
Posted 5/19/2013 15:29 (#3105614)
Subject: Possible Case IH 1200 sensor issues?

Southern IL.
Has anyone ever have had one fail and what are the chracteristics of one that is failing? Our 2004 Case IH 1200 has never had one fail yet, but I have a suspect one. I haven't switched meters to another row yet though to see if it helps. The row will plant fine for a while then drop to it sets lower limit alarm off say 24 to 26000 range or below and then occasionally go to 32 to 38000 or above and set upper limit off. I don't think it is a mechanical problem with the row. I have sped up mph, slowed down mph, adjusted vac speed, adjusted bulk fill speed, brushed the unit multiple times and adjusted singulator. Evey time it bottoms out the population I immediatley turn off bulk fill on the go and check mini hopper and it is always same level as the others. Actually I forgot to turn bulk fill back on for a half a round and it planted normal on that pass. It is just randomly normal, low, and high. Last evening, at approx. 7:00 pm when I was planting east the row would show normal to over population. After turning around and heading west the row that was previously planting ok- or maybe a little overpopulaion- will show it is below the lowlimit. Dug behind the row and they look evenly spaced. Could light be getting in there? This was conventional till, gently rolling ground, 6mph at 30000 start population. Any ideas? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)